We also took Friday off, which I wasn't planning, but in retrospect should have. We had a big family event at church that I was in charge of and Thursday and Friday were full of preparations. We got most of their schooling in on Thursday and then I just decided to take Friday off. Again, good choice as I spent 8 hours at church that day!
The kids did the next three lessons in each subject. We really didn't get to much extra. The boys and I read Croconile and Bill and Pete Go Down the Nile to go along with our history. We started our animal study in science, beginning with lions and cheetahs. We didn't get to any projects or experiments. Kylie finished up her Matter lapbook. She enjoyed that very much!
Nothing else real notable in school work. The rest of the week kind of took over! Here's some picts from life this week!
We visited one of our local apple orchards with some very good friends of ours. Our kids all get along great and so do the Mommy's and Daddy's! It's so great to have a fun family to do things with!
The goats were really hungry!
The bunnies were the biggest hit... everyone wanted to hold one!
Believe it or not, this are the offspring of only our two families! ;-)
Going on a fun wagon ride through the orchard.
Eating our fresh picked apples on the wagon.
I got a couple shots in of Rylan and he didn't notice I was taking photos of him... in this picture he realized what I was doing!
Greg and I
Bryson lost another tooth this week and after swallowing his last week we finally got one to put under the pillow! Our little guy has a big hole in the front of his mouth... so cute! I don't have a pic yet... that will come!
Next week we should get back into routine a bit better. Rylan has one OT appt, but other than that our week should be "normal".
It looks like you had a great week full of fun activities! Have fun memorizing the presidents. Is their an actual song for that or are you just improvising using the tune?
ReplyDeleteDaisy,
ReplyDeleteGood to "see" you again! Here's a link to the song we are using. The kids almost have it memorized already... me, well... they feel quite superior! :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzSjSR_Hdx0&feature=related
Ahhhh! I love fall farm visiting times! My favorite time of the year.
ReplyDelete