Since some of you asked... here's our planetarium.... you need a shoebox, flashlight and constellation patterns. We use Elemental Science (Earth Science and Astronomy) and these are included in the curriculum. After we assembled the planetarium we headed into the bathroom and shined the constellations on the wall. The kids thought it was really cool!
 |
Start with a shoebox. Cut a window in one end of it.
|
 |
Cut a hole the size of the flashlight you'll use in the other end.
|
 |
Here are the constellation cards. I mounted them on black
construction paper. The kids poked the holes... they loved that!
We just slid the cards under the edge of the box top to hold them in place.
|
This is fabulous! I'm saving it. My son will go crazy for this. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteLove the box. I'll have to add it to this coming week's lesson plans. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome!
ReplyDeleteLove it! I am looking forward to doing a lot of hands on learning with Sammi!
ReplyDelete