Well, we've had quite the week of sickness. All three boys and just yesterday Kylie went down. She's doing better today though so we're keeping a quiet day in hopes of her doing Halloween tonight. We did get in school this week from Wed. on. We didn't do any of our together work (Bible, History and Science) because there was always someone who would miss out because they were sleeping or vomiting! :-)
Books we read this week I'll put in the ticker...
Probably the biggest news this week is Bryson is starting to read! We've been working on short vowel sounds and blending. He's just starting to blend. For fun I gave him the first two Bob readers this week and he read them! He's SO excited! Rylan has really taken off in his reading and I know Bryson measures himself against his brother. He can't be more pleased that he has started to be able to read books too! Very satisfying and fun to see him learn this first important skill! Bryson is also loving his new math. He could probably do half the Primer book (maybe even all of it), but I'm taking it slow with him so we don't come up to concepts too fast that may be too much for him.
Speaking of math... Rylan started "unknowns" this week and I thought they might throw him, but he took it all in stride and completely understands the concept. Fun to see him meet a new skill and conquer it as well.
I'm ready for a "normal" week next week! Well, almost... Jayden's bday is Monday so we'll take the day off as is our tradition on birthdays.
200+ Famous Artist Birthdays
1 year ago
Looks like you had a good week despite sickness! Hope everyone is feeling better soon!
ReplyDelete